CAUSE: The drum was replaced without replacing the developer.
Replace both the drum unit and developer at the same time. Once the
code occurs, developer must be replaced to properly recover.
The correct procedure for replacing the drum is as follows:
1. Select Tech. Rep. Mode => Counter => Special Parts Counter => PC Life.
2. Press the Clear Key to clear the counter value.
3. Turn OFF the main power switch.
4. Open the Right Door.
5. Remove the IU.
6. Remove four screws (silver) and disassemble the Photo Conductor Unit and the Developing Unit.
7. Replace the Photo Conductor Unit.
8. Remove three screws and the Developer Scattering Prevention Plate.
9. Remove the Toner Supply Port.
10. Remove the Developer.
11. Set the developer while rotating the gear in the direction of the arrow.
12. Reinstall the Toner Supply Port.
13. Using three screws, secure the Developer Scattering Prevention Plate.
14. Install the four screws to secure the Photo Conductor Unit and Developing Unit.
15. Install the IU in the copier.
16. Turn ON the main power switch.
17. Select Tech. Rep. Mode => Function => F8 and press the Start Key.
a. After replacing the developer, be sure to execute F8 under Function of Tech. Rep. Mode.
b. When the main power switch is turned ON, execute F8 quickly.